Friday, January 1, 2010

2010...New Year New Decade

Well folks, it's officially 2010. 2009 is just what I thought it would inevitably be, gone with the wind. The older I get the faster the years roll by, perhaps because I'm thinking they are going quickly or because I'm just not paying any attention to it all. Either or, as they say in Latin "Tempus Fugit" (time flies). With this new year, it is also the start of the new decade. Looking back a lot has happened in the past decade; My parents divorced, I came out of the closet, I've got over obsessions and gained new ones, met new friends and lost a few old ones. The years between 2000-2009 sure have been interesting. They definitely defined my adolescents and molded me into the person I am today. I can't say I'm entirely happy with how things are going now, but I'm not worried, I can change things for the better. Just seems like things have slummed downward since the start of the new millennium, but it's totally okay, because I'm going to make sure the next ten years are wonderful. I'm making a conscious decision about it. I'm guessing the next ten years of this decade will determine what I am going to be doing for the rest of my life on this earth. The next ten years of this decade could be a fun ride, or one crazy horrible roller coaster depending on what I do and what the people in my life do. In any case, I'll be optimistic, these coming years are going to be worth while because I'm going to make them that way. So begins the next chapter of my life, lets see what sort of shenanigans I get myself into and of course, I'll let you guys know what they may be. See ya then!
-Jeremy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment